The purpose of this section is to describe how Lesaffre will process personal data that Users provide when using the Website.
a) Personal data collected on the Website
To provide the Website and all services offered on the Website, Lesaffre will store and process certain personal data about Users.
In particular, Lesaffre may collect Users’ personal data:
- Via online forms, registration of online Users;
- Via information provided by the User in a letter sent to Lesaffre;
- Via a cookie placed during visits to the Website. The data collected will include Website browsing, actions, pages viewed, frequency and dates of access, etc. Please refer to the section “Cookies” below for more details about cookies used.
Lesaffre takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of such data and to prevent their illegal use or any unauthorised access.
The provision of personal data is optional. However, if you refuse to disclose your personal data, Lesaffre may not be able to process your request. If you decide to disclose your personal data to Lesaffre, the mandatory or optional nature of the fields to be filled in will be clearly marked.
b) Purposes of processing User’s personal data
The personal data of each User will be kept with any additional information that the User may have disclosed to Lesaffre from time to time, and will be used to provide you the services offered on the Website and any other related services and to process specific requests made through the Website, and more generally, to manage the customer relationship.
Lesaffre may also use the personal data of Users as indicated above in “Contacting Lesaffre” and to analyse Website use and/or keep Users informed about other products and services which, according to Lesaffre, might interest them or, more generally, for any commercial prospecting if the explicit consent of the User has been obtained when such a consent is required by applicable law.
c) Retention of your personal data
Lesaffre will only process User’s personal data for the period necessary and proportionate for its purposes. Lesaffre will notably retain User’s personal data for the duration required for the management of the commercial relationship.
d) Recipients of your personal data
- Personal data is intended for Lesaffre and its subsidiaries and their staff. This data may be disclosed to third parties designated by Lesaffre and its subsidiaries for the provision of services offered on the Website. All staff and any third parties referred to above are subject to strict confidentiality rules.
- In addition, if you duly notified your acceptance when such a consent is required by applicable law, personal data may be used for purposes of commercial prospecting by Lesaffre and its subsidiaries or Lesaffre’s and its subsidiaries’ partners.
- Lesaffre and its subsidiaries may, from time to time, increase or reduce its activities which may involve the sales of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain Lesaffre and its subsidiaries activities to other parties. If any, the personal data provided by Users is to be transferred/ assigned to the successor of the activity and the successor or the new controlling party will be authorised hereunder to use such personal data for the sole purposes for which it was provided by you.
- Lesaffre and its subsidiaries may share your personal data with its service providers and subcontractors for the purpose of providing Lesaffre’s and its subsidiaries’ products and services including the products and services mentioned on the Website or related. Lesaffre and its subsidiaries may, from time to time, transfer your personal data to entities located outside Singapore, some of which may have laws on personal data protection that differ from those of Singapore, or no data protection law.
e) User’s rights regarding their personal data
You may access or correct any personal data we hold about you at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request. We do not charge for making any corrections to your personal data.