06 Apr Break the Fast with Date Nut Bread this Ramadan
Ramadan is considered one of the holiest months for Muslims and is marked by a period of fasting from sunrise until sundown. Iftar is the time to replenish energy levels and effort should be made to consume foods from all major food groups to ensure a range of nutrients to the body and to promote good health.
Breaking the fast with dates is a Ramadan tradition. Dates are also appropriate during Ramadan for its many benefits – high in sugar, fiber, minerals, (when fresh) vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, and iron. Dates provide a quick source of energy and nutrients and can prevent an upset stomach when eating large amounts of food after a long day of fasting.
There is no better way to mark the start or end of fasting than with healthy yet tasty foods.
This Ramadan, we are excited to share the recipe of Date Nut Bread using Saf-instant® instant dry yeast!
Recipe for Date Nut Bread
A simple rustic bread brimming with dates and walnuts.
|Saf-instant® Red instant dry yeast
Prepare the dough
- Place all the dough ingredients into the mixer except for the dates and walnuts.
- Mix the ingredients for 6 minutes on low speed and 2 minutes on high speed.
- Add in the dates and walnuts.
- Mix the ingredients for 2 minutes on low speed.
- Final dough temperature should be approximately 25˚C.
- Place the dough into a bowl, cover and let it rest for 60 minutes at 25˚C.
- Divide the dough at 400g.
- Roll the dough into round shape and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Gently flatten the dough by hand and fold it into a batard shape.
- Place the dough into a tin.
- Let the dough rest for 90 minutes at around 25˚C.
- Preheat oven at 250˚C.
- Cut the top of the dough lengthwise with a knife.
- Bake the bread for 25 minutes at 250˚C with steam.
- Remove the bread and let it cool down before serving.
Lesaffre wishes all Muslims a blessed and meaningful Ramadan. Ramadan Mubarak!
Visit saf-instant.asia to discover more recipes and ideas.