1. Folding butter:
– Put the folding butter on a large piece of baking paper.
– Fold and wrap the baking paper around the butter (like an envelope).
– With a rolling pin, roll the butter into a rectangle of 15 x 30cm.
– Use the butter within 5 – 10 mins after the preparation.
PREPARE THE DOUGH
1. Put all the ingredients in the mixer.
2. In a spiral mixer, mix for 6 mins on low speed and 2 mins on high. The final dough temperature should be between 21 – 24°C.
3. Gather the dough and make it into a block. Cover it with a cling wrap.
4. Put the dough in the chiller for 12 to 24 hours.
1. Laminate the dough in a rectangle shape of 30 x 60cm.
2. Place the folding butter inside the dough and fold/wrap it like an envelope.
3. Laminate the dough at a thickness of 8mm. Do a double fold of the dough (4 layers).
4. Cover the dough with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.
5. Laminate the dough at a thickness of 8mm. Run a single fold (3 layers).
6. Cover the dough with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.
7. Roll out the dough at 3.5mm thickness, in a rectangle of 56 x 35cm.
8. Cut the dough sheet in triangles of 28cm (height) x 7cm (base). Roll the triangle sheet into a croissant shape.
9. Proof for 120 – 150 mins at 25 – 30°C.
1. Do a layer of egg wash on top of each croissant before baking.
2. Bake at 180°C in a convection oven for 16 – 18 mins.