|Water, warm (30°C)||180g|
|Unsalted butter, softened||180g|
|LIVENDO® LV1 Starter||1.8g|
|Magimix® Softness bread improver||1.8g|
|Magimix® Green bread improver||1.8g|
|Unsalted butter, softened||90g + extra for greasing|
|Soaked Cranberries, drained||180g|
1. Combine the brandy, vanilla essence, and water in a bowl.
2. Add dried cranberries and soak overnight.
3. Drain well before adding to the dough.
1. Add the LIVENDO® LV1 starter and the warm water into a bowl of a stand mixer and whisk until the starter is fully dissolved.
2. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix with a dough hook at low speed for 4 minutes.
3. Increase to high speed and continue mixing for 4 minutes.
4. Transfer to a large covered container and reserve at 22°C for 18-20 hours for the flavours to develop.
1. Combine the bread flour, salt, Magimix® Softness, Magimix® Green, and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk to combine.
2. Add in the water, egg yolks, and reserved sponge dough and mix with a dough hook at low speed for 3 minutes.
3. Increase to high speed and continue mixing for around 5 minutes.
4. Reduce the speed back to low, add in the unsalted butter and mix for 3 minutes.
5. Raise the speed to high and mix for 5 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and glossy.
6. Decrease the speed, add in the drained cranberries and mix on low speed for a further 3 minutes.
7. Transfer to a large lightly greased bowl and let rest for 1 hour.
8. Divide into 4 round pieces (420g each) and let rest for another 10 minutes under a lightly greased piece of cling wrap.
1. Lightly grease the 4 panettone moulds with softened butter.
2. Transfer each piece gently into the mould and proof at room temperature for around 3.5-4 hours.
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites to a stiff peak.
2. Slowly fold in the sugar, then the ground almond to get a thick and smooth paste.
3. Transfer to a piping bag and reserve.
1. Preheat oven to 155°C.
2. Pipe the reserved almond topping on top of the risen panettone dough, being careful not to overpipe and cause the top to sink.
3. Bake for around 40 min or until golden brown.
4. Remove from oven and insert 2 wooden skewers through the base of each panettone.
5. Invert and hang over a large pot to prevent the panettone from collapsing during cooling.
6. Once fully cooled, remove the skewers and dust with icing sugar just before serving.